Education, Place, Culture (Session One, Education) - 27 June 2016
Join A New Direction for the first of three sessions for cultural organisations, looking at the current policies and trends affecting creative learning and cultural education.
The first session ‘Education’ will give you an overview of the changes schools are currently facing and their priorities. It will help you review and shape your offer to schools and teachers in light of current policies.
Date: 27th June 2016
Time: 13.30 - 17.00
Where: The Goldsmiths’ Centre, 42 Britton Street, London, EC1M 5AD
We’ll feature examples of how organisations are working in partnership to deliver new work that enables all young Londoners to lead a creative childhood.
Hear from school leaders, cultural organisations, and education experts about:
- The recent Department for Education Schools White Paper
- How the redesigned Artsmark Award for Schools can connect with your organisations programme
- A New Direction’s Cultural Education Challenge and Connected London Programmes.
- Exemplar partnerships that are delivering quality cultural education in places across London
Who is this for?
Those working and leading organisations and programmes that focus on culture and education for Children and Young People, including organisations such as:.
- Arts Council England National Portfolio Organisations
- Music Hubs
- Heritage Settings
- Local Authorities