Principles into Practice: Environmental Responsibility - 9 February 2022
Building on the Investment Principles laid out in Arts Council England’s Let’s Create 10 year strategy, our Principles into Practice series offers a chance for cultural educators to come together to share recent examples of excellent children and young people (CYP) practice and current insights.
The sessions will be a space to reflect on collective learnings: what are the current challenges, and where can we do better? We will also celebrate your successes and share widely your ambitious visions for the future.
The final session in the series will look at what steps can be taken to embed environmental responsibility into programmes with children and young people. Topics will include:
- Programming content that reflects concerns faced by young people
- How the design of participatory projects and resources can be environmentally concious
- How the wellbeing of audiences, stakeholders, and teams can be nurtured
- How environmental policy overlaps with cultural policy within Local Authorities
Speakers to be announced!
During this session you will:
- Consider how the ACE Investment Principles can shape your practice
- Reflect on what your CYP offer currently looks like
- Encounter fresh thinking about how it can be improved
These sessions are open to professionals working in cultural education, including freelance practitioners and programme managers, Creative Learning Directors and Producers, and CEOs. Those working in small, medium and large-scale cultural organisations, NPOs and LCEPs are all welcome.