How to apply
A New Direction is currently inviting applications through Challenge London to support developing Local Cultural Education Partnerships (LCEPs) in London
Update April 2020: Please note in light of the impacts of Covid-19 we have amended the timeline for our upcoming Challenge London investment. New deadlines and programme dates are now included below and in the following pages.
A New Direction is excited to support the strategic work of Local Cultural Education Partnerships (LCEPs) through Challenge London. In a time of growth and change, we believe there are significant opportunities presented by strategic collaboration between institutions and systems to offer the best experience for children and young people across the city.
Initiatives might include the development of new local delivery models that share resources, knowledge and expertise between organisations; strategic collaborations that enable new progression routes for young Londoners; or initiatives that shape policy and practice to support high quality cultural and creative opportunities for all children and young people.
To be eligible to apply to Challenge London, applicants have to:
- Be working towards establishing a Local Cultural Education Partnership in your place
- Create a clear and strategic programme of work which will be supported by investment from A New Direction, to be completed by July 2022 (please note this has been extended from December 2021)
- Be based in London
- Demonstrate how your initiative would support our programme aims
- Demonstrate how your initiative and identified programme of work responds to your local context, drawing on our identified programme themes, and will bring about positive outcomes for children and young people within the investment period and longer-term
- Be able to demonstrate matched funding from other sources (100% cash rather than in-kind)
- Include at least three partner organisations, and have a nominated lead partner who will act as the main point of contact and must be a registered charity or non-profit-distributing
- Show that a range of stakeholders have contributed to the design and implementation of your programme, including young people
- Demonstrate the necessary expertise within your partnerships to contribute significantly to the cultural and creative education landscape
Details of the current investment round
Minimum investment for partnerships new to Challenge London: £25,000
Maximum investment for partnerships new to Challenge London: £50,000
Existing Challenge London partnerships who hold a grant of less than £75,000 and whose programmes are due to complete before the end of 2020 can also apply for £25,000 towards an additional year of activity.
Applications open: 20 January 2020
Applications close: 9am, 28 September 2020
Decisions by: 30 October 2020
Earliest start date: January 2021
Programmes to be completed by: July 2022 (please note this has been extended from December 2021). Programmes new to Challenge London must run for a minimum of 14 months
We hope to make around five new investments in this round, and are soliciting bids based on our knowledge of LCEPs developing in London. If you are part of a partnership programme eligible for Challenge London investment, and would like to request application documents including full guidance notes, please complete the Expression of Interest Form below.