What was the eligibility criteria?
To be eligible to apply to Challenge London, applicants had to:
- Demonstrate how their initiative would deliver against all of our programme aims, and address one or more of our identified themes
- Be based in London
- Be able to demonstrate matched funding from other sources (100% financial rather than in-kind)
- Have a clear period of activity which will be supported by investment from A New Direction that lasts between one and three years
- Include at least three partners (and organisations) and have a nominated lead partner who will act as the main point of contact
- The lead partner must be a registered charity or able to demonstrate it is non-profit distributing
- Show that young people have/will take a leadership role in developing and delivering the initiative
- Demonstrate the necessary expertise within your partnerships to contribute significantly to the cultural and creative education landscape
- If not a new initiative, show how a grant from the Challenge will bring about a step-change in your impact, and build sustainability or capacity within your group to continue to deliver for children and young people
Please note: applications to Challenge London are now closed. A New Direction are investing in 12 places through Challenge London - you can find out more about these programmes here.