- facilitate networks and make sure there is an ongoing dialogue across the arts, culture and education
- help schools identify and access arts and cultural opportunities
- help other arts and cultural organisations, including museums and libraries, to bring the cultural experiences that they offer to more children and young people
Since Autumn 2011 we have been talking to arts organisations, teachers and others about the focus for Bridge activity in London.
From our conversations so far:
- You are worried about changes to the national curriculum marginalising arts subjects in schools
- Local authorities are concerned about potential cuts to funding for youth services and out-of –school hours arts provision
- Certain schools are 'saturated' with offers from arts organisations while others are difficult to get any contact with.
Your priorities for our work:
- To campaign and provide a voice for the value of arts and culture within education and the lives of young people in London
- To provide opportunities for knowledge sharing and developing strong leaders in schools, cultural organisations and practitioners
- To promote and develop ways of improving and sustaining quality experience