It's time to apply!
If your school is attending to apply or reapply for Artsmark this year, now is the time to start putting your application together.
The validation process for Artsmark takes eight weeks in total, so if you would like to achieve your Artsmark status by the end of this academic year, you will need to submit your application by 4pm on Friday 24 May.
The Artsmark application portal is open until the end of summer term for Round 13 – it closes at 4pm on Friday 26 July. Round 14 will open on 7 October.
To apply for Artsmark, school you will first need to join the Artsmark Network, which costs £30. This will give you access to support, resources, and face to face training. Once you're ready to apply, submitting the application will cost £50.
Artsmark Support INSET Programme
Our Discover Artsmark programme came to an end in March 2013, with facilitators visiting 31 London boroughs. We were delighted to welcome so many schools to these sessions to find out about Artsmark and some practical approaches to the application process.
In the summer term, we will be offering 100 Free Artsmark support INSETs to London schools.
If you are currently in the process of applying for Artsmark or Artsmark Gold, or are considering applying this term, sign up for our Artsmark Support INSET programme, a bespoke package of support to help you get the most from the application process and increase your chances of success.
Each participating school will receive:
- An initial phone consultation to identify the school's support needs around Artsmark and their arts & cultural provision
- A 1.5-2-hour in-school consultation with the Artsmark coordinator, a member of the school's senior management team, and another member of staff supporting the application process (where relevant), to work with a facilitator to explore in depth the school's achievements against the Artsmark criteria and any possible areas of development
- A bespoke 1.5-2-hour practical, dynamic twilight INSET session on the same day as the in-school consultation for staff to explore the issues raised in the consultation in a hands-on way.
This support has a value of £500 but is offered free of charge to Artsmark network members.
The Artsmark Support INSET Programme will take place between 22 April and 31 May 2013. In order to be eligible for a free INSET, your school should:
- Be a member of the Artsmark Network and intending to apply for Artsmark or Artsmark Gold
- Commit to release the Artsmark coordinator, SMT member and (if useful) a third member to staff to attend the consultation
- Commit to a minimum of 6 members of staff attending the twilight INSET
Expression of interest
To apply for a free Artsmark support INSET, please download the Expression of Interest form and return it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download AM inset school EOI form (66KB, msword)
You will be able to request a date to suit you – but sessions will be allocated according to availability. We can't guarantee you will get your first choice of date but we will do our best to accommodate your booking. Bookings will be accepted until 15 May (for visits up to 31 May), or until the programme is fully booked, whichever is the earlier.
Artsmark is delivered by Trinity College London – A New Direction is one of 10 regional Bridge organisations that drive participation.
Artsmark Network now open
Be part of an exciting new online community and have access to resources, support and guidance to apply for Artsmark Round 13