The Big Change Series #3 - PLUGGED IN - 7 February 2018
Join A New Direction for our Big Change Series - three sessions for cultural and heritage organisations looking at the big issues affecting the sector. The series is central to A New Direction’s sector support role for children and young people across London, and is also a chance for us to discuss and enhance our offer of support.
The third and final Big Change session will be run in collaboration with young adults in the creative and cultural sector:
PLUGGED IN: Revolutionary and radical relationship building
An evening curated by GUAP Magazine, Design for Disability, the Institute of Contemporary Arts (ICA) and A New Direction for young creatives aged 18-24 and cultural organisations to connect, debate and revolutionise the way they work together.
The event is a chance to learn about London’s extraordinary cultural and arts offer, as well as development and partnership opportunities, with some of the most innovative and exciting speakers and creative leaders London has to offer. There will also be selected live acts from up and coming young London artists, drinks and networking.
We want to explore the way young Londoners work with cultural organisations by igniting conversations and actions. We’ll be responding to some of the big questions we face in the cultural and creative industries, such as:
• Why do young Londoners and arts and cultural organisations want to work together?
• What do we each get out of it?
• What does authentic collaboration with young creative people mean?
• What can we commit to doing that could change the way we work together - to be more inclusive, diverse and to share power equally?
• What does inclusive work with, by and for young people/adults look like? And what can we do to embed this in our work together?
FULL LINE UP TBA JANUARY 2018