As part of our ongoing work to support and develop accessible and inclusive practice, we have created a toolkit for cultural organisations who want to provide more and/or better progression routes and career opportunities for Deaf, disabled and neurodivergent young people aged 16-25.
This toolkit has been informed by existing research, lived experience and a myriad of people who have generously given their time to share their insights and recommendations.
The contributors include:
- Disabled/neurodivergent young people (Cultural Ambassadors).
- Schools and colleges.
- Access champions and advocates.
In this toolkit you will find information, questions and activities about:
- Frameworks and models, including the social model of disability.
- Reviewing and developing your offer.
- Advertising your offer.
- Facilitating work experience, and progression routes.
We are grateful to the Kusuma Trust for supporting this work.