Connected London - Introduction (Feb 2013)
An event for Local Authority and borough partners to find new forms of local collaboration to strengthen culture and education.
A New Direction hosted a half-day discussion, information and networking event.
The event presented discussions and information to frame how Local Authority Cultural Services, Libraries, Museums & Archives can work together with Music Hubs, School Improvement Services and other partners across the Culture, Leisure, Education and Youth sectors to improve outcomes, find efficiencies, and lever in additional income.
- Case studies and examples of replicable good practice
- Identification of emergent funding opportunities, and the partnerships and project types that can unlock these
- Opportunity to hear from (and network across) all sides of the local authority and wider regional government landscape
Suggested attendees included:
- Heads of Service & Senior Officers for Culture and Leisure
- Service managers for music hubs, arts, museums, libraries and archives
- Managers from children's services, school improvement, youth and 14-19 provision
- Managers from regional government strategic & partnership bodies