Brent Local Cultural Education Partnership
A legacy of Brent’s year as London Borough of Culture in 2020
Led by Brent Council, with support from the Young Brent Foundation, and Metroland Cultures, our vision is to create an innovative, progressive and sustainable arts and cultural offering that is accessible and culturally resonates with Brent’s young population.
Through building localised capacity with the formation of an Local Cultural Education Partnership (LCEP) and placing Brent’s children and young people at its heart, we will develop an agile model that is responsive to the evolving needs and challenges that Covid-19 is presenting to young people and service providers, including the local arts and cultural ecology. A new LCEP Manager post will work across Council departments and with partners to develop a three year strategy that will bring structure and coherency to how the arts and cultural sector (in and outside Brent) can collaborate, to achieve better and equitable creative opportunities and outcomes for Brent’s young population.
More specifically, the LCEP will:
- Achieve cross-sector representation ensuring the most vulnerable children and young people remain a visible priority in and outside school settings.
- Harness the Culture Leads Network (group of educators from across Brent schools formed during Brent 2020) and the Young Brent Foundation’s extended networks to support schools, and the voluntary & community sector organisations to develop a creative offering that can help children and young people to be resilient, through supporting their mental health, self-esteem, friendships and relationships.
- Empower diverse children and young people to shape an offer that culturally resonates with them and give them status in decisions that affect their lives in the material and social realm.
- Promote the creative industries as a viable career path through bolstering creative careers initiatives in and out of school.
- Support schools and youth settings to address Covid-19 related challenges through needs-led CPD packages and new pedagogical approaches.
Challenge London investment from A New Direction: £50,000 over 18 months
Camille Curtis, email@example.com