Lambeth Local Cultural Education Partnership
The Lambeth Local Cultural Education Partnership (LCEP) aims to ensure all children and young people in Lambeth benefit from a coherent, inclusive and dynamic arts and cultural offer that enriches their lives and gives them tools to succeed.
The Lambeth LCEP represents a systemic change in how Lambeth council, cultural organisations, education institutions and business communities will work together to build a creative and cultural ecology that is fair and equitable to all children and young people living and studying in the borough.
With the formation of this LCEP we will develop a Creative and Cultural Education Strategy for the borough to:
- Create a framework for schools and cultural organisations to align objectives and shared outcomes.
- Give cultural organisations in the borough a better oversight and understanding of Lambeth schools and how best to respond creatively to the curriculum and school priorities.
- Empower teachers and schools to feel more confident in navigating the cultural sector and co-designing programmes that enhance the curriculum, build pupils cultural capital and increase attainment.
- Cultivate a network of cultural ambassadors across Lambeth schools will identify training needs of teaching staff and address how Artsmark can help schools to enhance and monitor their creative offer.
- Give non-arts organisations, schools, parents and young people a better knowledge and understanding of the viability of pursuing career pathways in the creative and digital industries.
- Give opportunities and platforms to emerging and aspiring young creatives to showcase their talents and highlight their needs and interests.
- Give education institutions and cultural organisations a better oversight on local labour market intelligence within creative and digital growth sectors so they can work strategically with local businesses to develop the relevant skills pipeline to employment.
Challenge London investment from A New Direction:£75,000 over three years
Contact: Dawn Bunce, Cultural Development Officer - email@example.com
Image credit: ERIC Festival