What to expect when you apply for a job at A New Direction.
Applying for the role
All applications should be submitted through our online recruitment portal. Each vacany will prompt you to download and complete an application form, which has four sections:
- Employment – Space to tell us about your current and previous employment experience
- Education, training and professional qualifications
- Supporting Statement – Please read the job description and person specification and outline how your skills and experience would enable you to undertake the key responsibilities of the role (max. 1000 words). We recommend using examples in your statement that demonstrate how your skills and experience make you a great candidate for the role.
- References – please give the name and contact details of two referees.
Please save your application form as a PDF with your name in the document title.
When you are ready to submit your completed application form, please click the ‘Apply Now’ button on the relevant vacancy page. This will take you through to the application submission form for this vacancy.
- You will be asked for your contact details
- You will be invited to respond to our equality and diversity monitoring form
- Upload your completed application form (saved as a PDF with your name in the document title). Please do not upload a CV or Cover Letter as these will not be considered as part of your application.
- Submit your application
Please note: You are not able to save your progress on the recruitment portal, so please make sure you have your completed application form ready to upload.
Please do not upload a CV or covering letter. There is the option to submit these documents as part of the recruitment portal, but these will not be considered as part of the recruitment process. Only the information submitted in your application form will be used when assessing your application for the role.
Please ensure you answer the questions on the application form as fully as possible and refer to the person specification when writing your statement. We recommend using examples in your statement that demonstrate how your skills and experience make you a great candidate for the role.
If you need any of the application documents in a different format or have any questions about the application process, please get in touch at email@example.com or call on 0207 608 2132.
Shortlisting and interviews
After a vacancy has closed all completed applications will be reviewed by a shortlisting panel. We aim to complete shortlisting within three weeks of the vacancy closing. If your application is shortlisted, you’ll be invited to an interview. If your application is unsuccessful we’ll aim to be in touch as soon as possible to let you know. Unfortunately, due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide feedback at application stage.
Interviews normally take place at our office near Moorgate and Liverpool Street stations. While the selection process differs slightly for each role, we often ask candidates to complete a short task and then interview with a panel of at least two members of the A New Direction team. We’ll give you all the information you need to know about the interview process for a specific role when we invite you to an interview.
Interviews are a two-way process: an opportunity for us to find out more about your skills and experience and suitability for the role and an opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have about the role and find out more about A New Direction and what it’s like to work here.
After the interview
After the interview, we’ll get in touch to let you know the outcome of your interview as soon as possible. This can sometimes take up to a week. If on this occasion you’re not offered the role, we’ll always offer interview feedback.
A New Direction is committed to implementing safeguarding through safer recruitment. All our roles require the successful candidate to complete a Disclosure and Barring Check, the receipt of satisfactory references and be eligible to work in the UK.