What is the Arts Award Access Fund?
The Access Fund provides small grants to Arts Award centres working with young people from disadvantaged backgrounds to enable them to achieve an Arts Award.
The Access Fund is designed to help centres who would not be able to complete Arts Award otherwise, rather than to enhance existing projects. Registered Arts Award centres can apply for grants of £100–£1,500. Read how the Access Fund has helped young people in the past.
Who can apply?
We welcome applications from all registered Arts Award centres based in England, but priority will be given to those centres that:
- Are working with disadvantaged young people
- Are taking part in Arts Award for the first time
- Are not receiving regular public funding
- Are using the grant to access an Arts Award Supporter offer www.artsaward.org.uk/supporter
Please note: Access Fund grant funding is limited and because of the high volume of applications received, only a proportion of centres will be successful.
What can the money be used for?
- Discover or Explore logs
- Bronze, Silver or Gold guidance booklets
- Fees for workshops with a professional or specialist
- General art materials, printing costs, etc
- Tickets for events
- Travel to and from a venue
- Contribution towards the costs of Gold leadership projects
- Hire of specialist equipment or specialist venue
- Adviser/project management/staff time
- Discover certificates
- Moderation costs for Explore, Bronze, Silver and Gold awards
Download the Access Fund guidance which includes general information, application guidance and FAQs.