Cultural Education Progression – Learning Exchange (Schools)
How can Cultural organisations and schools work better with each other? - Presentations, keynote speeches and reports.
Delegates from 50 Cultural organisations, including Museums, Music Hubs, Heritage organisations, Film as well as Arts took part in the first of a series of three Learning Exchanges. It was a day of vibrant discussion, great speeches and useful statistical information about London. There were also panel presentations from Stratford Circus, Hackney Music Service and The Historic Royal Palaces.
The learning from the day along with keynote speeches and statistical data is now available to download. These include:
1. Keynote Speech by Steve Moffitt: Is there a crisis in Cultural Education in London Schools?
Slide Presentation including statistical
data on the demographics of London schools.
2. Keynote Speech by Sir Nick Williams
Podcast outlining a personal narrative as well as 4 approaches to Cultural education:
- Darren Henley’s Cultural Education Report & the Entitlement Curriculum
- Curriculum & accreditation – Progress 8
- Ofsted – Spiritual, Moral, Social & Cultural education
- Schools reform
3. How can schools & cultural organisations work better with each other?
Prezi presentation based on NFER research with over 300 London schools, a survey of 100 London cultural organisations & teacher focus groups.
4. Different types of schools – the Segmentation model
Presentation based on a segmentation model of schools identifying 4 different segments:
- Cultural commissioners
- Cultural eclectics
- Intrigued engagers
- Other priorities
5. Report based on Learning exchanges by delegates during the day
Downloadable document including discussions and key points of learning on the following:
- The London Landscape - Is there a crisis in Cultural Education?
- How can Cultural organisations & schools work better with each other?
- How to connect with different types of schools?
6. Link to Artsmark Network
7. Quotes from London Head teachers on Arts & Culture in Schools