Teacher CPD: Creative ways to champion pupil voice - 11 November 2021
In this online workshop, Little Inventors will collaborate with teachers to create some fantastically diverse challenges to supercharge your creative vision in school.
Do you want to...
- design a fantastically inclusive creativity week?
- stretch your own creative skills in order to boost access to arts and culture in your school?
- learn how invention challenges can revolutionise learning and assessment activity?
...then this CPD is for you!
Little Inventors will have an invention challenge for you to road test as part of the CPD. The session is guaranteed to be fun, take your brain away from planning and assessment, and get you excited about running an invention challenge in your school!
The session will cover:
- Inclusion and insights about creating an accessible creative offer in school that suits your setting
- The Little Inventors challenge approach and how this champions pupil voice
- Areas of the curriculum that benefit from invention challenges
- Links to the Artsmark framework
- A fun deep dive into Little Inventors' resources, with time to plan how you could use them in your own classroom delivery
- How to create your own invention challenge to boost learning and engagement
Please note: participants will be asked to have their cameras on for this session, and the workshop will be recorded for Little Inventor's archical purposes.
About Little Inventors
Little Inventors is a creative education organisation that inspires imagination by taking children's amazing ideas seriously. They give children across the world the opportunity to develop and showcase their creativity and problem-solving skills, build their confidence, curiosity, and resilience to become caring citizens of our planet. They work with expert partners to create free resources, run challenges, events, and workshops, as well as showcase children's inventions online, in books, and at exhibitions to inspire tomorrow's inventors, scientists, makers, and problem-solvers to believe in their ability to make a difference.
This workshop is delivered as part of Artsmark Celebration Week
Artsmark is the creative quality standard for schools, accredited by Arts Council England. Join us from 08 – 12 November for Artsmark Celebration Week as we celebrate the achievements of Artsmark settings across the country!
We will be highlighting the role of arts, culture, and creativity in education, as well as the positive impact Artsmark has had on young people and their communities. Find out more about how you and your school can get involved here: https://www.anewdirection.org.uk/what-we-do/artsmark/artsmark-celebration-week