The Big Change Series #1 - 27 September 2017
Strategy and Planning for NPO’S: Goal 5
Join A New Direction at three sessions for cultural and heritage organisations looking at the big issues affecting the sector. In times of rapid and wholesale socio-political change, the series will provide a space to connect and discuss the role of the cultural sector, young people and the resources and opportunities available to them to maximise their positive impact and voice in changing times. The sessions will explore strategy, current affairs and policy affecting London's arts, cultural and heritage organisations, and the children and young people they work with.
The series is central to A New Direction’s sector support role for children and young people across London, and is also a chance for us to discuss and enhance our offer of support.
The first session, focusing on strategy and planning, will explore how arts, cultural and heritage organisations with NPO status can best prepare for their work during 2018-2022, via discussion around specific Goal 5 priorities as well as discussion on implementation and plans. The session will end with networking and drinks at 5pm.
Aims and themes:
- To give an overview of key strategic priorities for the coming period, and to share ideas and plans.
- Information on how to get the best out of A New Direction’s offer to cultural and heritage organisations in 2017-18
- Understanding partnerships and place and how this can inform and support best practice
- To discuss how to support and engage with Artsmark and Arts Award
- Understanding and discussing digital strategy and data collection, and how these fit in with your context.