(Image credit: CCSkills website)
The footprint includes music, dance, theatre, literature, visual arts, contemporary craft, combined arts, galleries, circus, carnival arts, museums and libraries.
The Creative Employment Programme aims to:
- Provide an accessible route to employment for young people
- Increase the take up of apprenticeships across the sector
- Diversify the workforce
- Provide an alternative recruitment path to the traditional unpaid internship
- Provide employers with a wage incentive to support the recruitment of unemployed young people aged 18-25
Our offer is placed under A New Direction's Create Jobs employability offer which creates pathways for young people who live and study in the following East London boroughs: Barking & Dagenham, Greenwich, Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest.
We work in partnership with the cultural agency Create to spread the benefits of being home to Europe's largest cultural quarter to the people who live in East London.
Through Create Jobs, we have developed close relationships with creative and cultural sector partners, placing over 150 young people into 8 week work experience opportunities since 2011. We have a strong partnership with Job Centre Plus on a regional and local level and have developed a tried-and-tested recruitment strategy. At no additional cost we can support you to:
- Find the right young person for your organisation by handling first stage recruitment and short-listing candidate
- Support you to develop a job description for your intern/apprentice
- Identify additional funding streams to support your recruitment
- Help you to identify the most appropriate training framework for your intern/apprentice
- Access free and subsidised training through a range of training providers and colleges
- Attract a more diverse pool of applicants
Where we are at:
We are currently finalising job descriptions to create 20 new paid positions to start in September 2013 and are very excited to be working with the following organisations to do this: Bow Arts Trust, Masquerade 2000, CM Sounds, Oxford House, Studio 3 Arts, London Borough of Barking & Dagenham (Cultural team), London Borough of Hackney (Hackney Music Service and Cultural Team), Company of Angels, Whitechapel Art Gallery and Urban Development.
We are working closely with the London Borough of Islington who have created 13 positions with cultural organisations based within their borough. We have shared our best practice and will be running induction days together. We will be sharing more about their experience in the coming weeks as they have approached this scheme in exemplary fashion.
How do I get involved?
Consortium bid – expression of interest
If you are interested in joining this consortium, you can do so at any time. This is a rolling programme. We do however aim to create a clusters of organisations to start at the same time so that participants can be part of a network and learn/share from each other.
If you are keen to get involved immediately, please download the expression of interest form. We will then liaise with you about drafting a job description and finalising salaries. You can look at our max and min employer contributions to get an idea of what a salary might come to.
Download Download Maximum and Minimum Employer Contribution (45.06 kB MSWord)
Download Download Expresion of Interest Form (47.62 kB MSWord)